Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

I finally got around to reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer and I really liked it! I think I liked it more than the Twilight series (I know, I know, don't shoot me).  It was a compelling read - I didn't want to put it down.  I really enjoyed it!

The book is about a race of aliens called Souls who invade planets by taking over host bodies.   Now they have invaded earth and, most of the time, when the Souls bond with a human host, the human mind/personality fades away.  However, in this case, the Soul (called Wanderer) in put into a "wild" human, one of the few remaining free humans. This human, Melanie, is stronger than most and refuses to fade away.  She and Wanderer end up inhabiting the same body and end up changing each other in surprising ways.

This book drew me in with the characters, the emotions, and the issues.  It is a fascinating new look at prejudice, acceptance, change, and the ever popular sci-fi topic of the survival of the human race in the face of alien invasion. The refreshing part is the way the invasion takes place and the relationships involved between human and alien. 

I recommend it to Stephanie Meyer fans and to sci-fi fans too!

No comments:

Post a Comment