Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Heading to Uganda

It has been way too long since I've blogged on here so I wanted to take a minute to ask for your prayers as I head on a missions trip to Uganda with a team from Brainerd Baptist Church.

Here is the update for prayer:

Dear Friends and Family -
I just wanted to say thanks for all the support I've gotten for the Uganda trip.  The funds are all in and I have felt your prayers as well.  Please continue to pray that I will completely recover from the bronchitis I've had which has really affected my breathing (asthma). 

I thought I'd give you a copy of the tentative schedule while I'm in Uganda so you can keep the team in prayers as we work and travel.  There are 18 of us going the first week.


  • Thursday, January 13 - Leave BX at noon for Atlanta; Leave Atlanta at 5:30 p.m.
  • Friday, January 14 - Arrive Amsterdam at 8:15 a.m. and leave for Uganda at 10:15 a.m; Arrive Entebbe/Kampala 8:15 p.m.; Stay at Fields of Life Guest House overnight
  • Saturday, January 15 - Long drive to Mbarara; possible street ministry in the afternoon
  • Sunday, January 16 - Worship in the morning; ministry in afternoon (VBS, hospital, or evangelism)
  • Monday, January 17 - Refugee camp, church, ministry projects (eyeglass clinic, mosquito nets, vegetable gardens)
  • Tuesday, January 18 - Game park; church and medical clinic, ministry projects
  • Wednesday, January 19 - Pastor's conference (oral Bible storytelling training with women); ministry projects
  • Thursday, January 20 - Pastor's conference (same as above); VBS with youth or orphans
  • Friday, January 21 - Travel back to Kampala; leave Uganda at 1:45 a.m.
  • Saturday, January 22 - Arrive in Amsterdam at 8:15 a.m.; leave Amsterdam at 10:20 a.m.; Arrive Atlanta 2:10 p.m.; Arrive BX 7:00 p.m.
The team for the second week will be there until January 29th so please keep them in prayer as well!

Thank you for your support and prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment